Thursday, March 25, 2010

Crazy People

I swear, I don't know what's wrong with some people. Take for instance, there is a girl who goes to school with Hannah. She's 3 and probably perfectly normal. Though I really don't see much of her, so maybe she isn't. Her dad drops her off nearly every day, and man, I don't know if he thinks he's being friendly or what. Every day he says good morning, which is fine and normal, obviously. But then it breaks into some tangent. Something weird he read in the news, his kid wakes up at night and won't stay in bed, the weather, whatever. Though honestly, the one that bugs me the most is when he complains about his daughter. I mean, really, she's right there and can hear you.

So yesterday he says to me that she was up in the middle of the night for two hours screaming. Um, I wouldn't let my 3 year old be awake for two hours in the middle of the night screaming. Heck I don't even let my 2 year old do that. Though there are many that think I should, since her idea of sleep and mine differ. So he said that his wife said she was going to take everything dangerous out of her room (who has dangerous things in their kids room!) and just let her scream all night if she wanted. Call me overly crunchy, or normal, or whatever you want. That sounds horrific. Yes, we did let Hannah "cry it out" when she was small, and yes if Norah had NEEDED to, for some reason, she would have also. She didn't. And now she's too old. She understands cause/effect, but only to a point. If I left her to cry all alone, she'd think I'd really left. And you can't tell me that a 3 year old doesn't have an even better grasp on that. People really make me sick sometimes, and I can't even say anything about it.

No comments: