Thursday, June 11, 2009

I hate the nights

I honestly don't know what's up with Norah these days, but man, the nights are awful. I used to spend the day looking forward to bedtime knowing that I could relax. Now though, not so much. Norah spends more than half the night awake screaming for some unknown reason. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday to see if she could tell me anything (and also for a very gross rash on her bottom and girl parts). All her doctor says is that it could be night terrors, which I don't believe. Night terrors are characterized by screaming bloody murder (check), a couple hours after bedtime(sometimes check), and most of all not acknowledging someone has come in to soothe them (NO CHECK!) Norah knows when I come in, and settles sometimes if I rock her for a bit. Not always, but enough to know it's not night terrors.

BUT at least we got something to do about the rash. Apparently it's a bacterial staph infection, and no I won't go into any detail of the rash itself, but that she now has some ointment that should help in a couple days.

No comments: