Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Busy

While I've been enjoying my winter break from school, life has paraded on as normal.  Chaos reigns, but in a good way.  We've just been really busy.  The first week back to school was rough for the girls, but it got a bit better last week.  Yesterday Hannah had the day off, so after I got home from work we just stayed home and relaxed.  We needed it after our weekend.  Thursday Norah was running a fever of 103.  Weird for her, since she rarely gets sick.  I ran out for something to bring it down, and sure enough an hour later she was cooling down nicely.  She woke up hot again, so more meds brought it down to normal, and she was off doing her normal thing.  Fortunately Saturday she woke up cool, and stayed that way all day.  I still don't know what it was, but it left in enough time to have some friends come over for dinner as planned on Sunday.  We got to snuggle a little baby and spend time with friends we don't get to see often enough.  There was a total of 17 people here for dinner, and the house sounded every bit of it.  I love that kind of happy noise, it's my favorite.  All the kids got along well, as usual, well except Magi and Norah.  They always have issues, you'd think they were sisters.

So hopefully we're back to normal and virus free.  No one else got sick with whatever it was Norah had, and I'm pleased to say that.  We've got some snow, some of the first of the year following the freak Halloween storm.  Nothing major, just enough to make stuff messy.  I'm hoping this is how the winter will be.  Next week I start back to school, and hopefully I can balance everything as well as I did last semester.

No comments: