Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Reading

Recently I bought a bunch of used books that were books I enjoyed as a child.  The secret garden, Charlotte's Web, Harriet the Spy... and I've been reading them to/with the girls at night.  We finished Charlotte's Web the other day, and the end is very sad.  I remember being eight when I first read it.  I was home for a week from school with my first round of chicken pox.  I don't remember if I cried then, but honestly I in no way expected that Hannah would.  I didn't know if she was really old enough to grasp what was going on.  She totally did though.  She cried when Charlotte died, and then insisted once we were finished that it was the saddest thing to happen, ever. 

I don't know if I agree about ever, but it is pretty darn sad.  I love that little girl!

No comments: