Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Busy Time

We're hosting Thanksgiving here again this year, which is something I love to do.  I don't mind traveling, but I seem to prefer having everyone here hanging out, helping to cook, and stuffing themselves silly.  I started the cooking/baking last week, and will be winding up with all the precooked things tomorrow sometime.  I made a homemade cheesecake that went directly into the freezer, yesterday there were chocolate chip cookies for all the little ones coming.  Today it'll be banana bread and maybe the apple pie.  Tomorrow it will be the date nut balls, and maybe the chocolate cream pie.  I'll also cook the squash so it can be reheated, and possibly the stuffing.  I remember imagining when I was first married that all the work my mom did for Thanksgiving was a TON of work to get done in one or maybe two days.  And it is, which is why now I'm fairly certain that it took place like mine is, over several days to a week.  I love Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday.  So here's a list of the food that will make an appearance in my house.

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Fresh Green Beans
Butternut Squash
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls
Gravy

Dessert will be:
Cheesecake
Apple Pie
Chocolate Cream Pie
Date Nut Balls
Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments: