Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

And it was.  Peaceful like no other, with the possible exception of last year, when for some reason I wasn't able to see my own mother.  Everyone came over here and we had spaghetti and meatballs, and oodles of desserts.  Donny came, and stayed most of the day, which was nice since he wasn't feeling at all well in the morning.  All the nieces came over too, so I had a houseful, and everyone spent lots of time being social.

I always feel a little guilty when people come over and my mom is also here.  I so rarely see her, that my time gets monopolized when she's available.  I know I should spend time talking to everyone, but I miss just being able to see her whenever I feel like it.

Otherwise we had a nice bottle of wine, good food, and good company.  My brother got good news about his stint in the National Guard, and after everyone left we ran out to a couple stores and just did our little family thing.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm glad Steven was feeling so better so you could have your celebration as planned!