Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is feeling rather anticlimactic this year.  Very few people are planning on coming, either for reasons specified or not.  Steven has to work for the first time since we've known each other, aside from a random snowstorm here or there,  he's always been around for the holidays.  The plan is that he'll be home in time to eat dinner with us at 6.  I'm hoping that's really what happens.  I'd hate to have him miss out, and the girls miss out on Daddy time.  As of right now, it looks like Amanda will be here and Donny.  And that's it.  Donny and I are planning a "geek" thanksgiving complete with Star Trek marathon while we cook.  I'm glad I'll be seeing my brother, and I'm sorry Mom has to work so she can't make it either.  No one else has mentioned why they aren't coming, other than Sara and Zach, which we totally understand. 

Hannah also has school for part of her Thanksgiving Break.  The week off early for snow in October really messed them up, so they're trying to make up days already so as not to go super late again into June.

1 comment:

Janice said...

We were looking at a small Thanksgiving too. Then at the last minute The Gang decided to trek North. Yours sounds awesome though, sometimes it's the fun things like a Geek theme that make even small holidays special!