Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth!

So far it's a happy holiday here.  Last night we hit the fireworks one town over, and the girls loved them.  I drove over around 7:30 to get a parking spot, and Steven was fortunate enough to get the last spot in that lot when he got there to meet us around 9.  Norah was totally enamoured of the fireworks, grinning like a little ham and telling us how pretty they all are.  We didn't see any fireworks last year because we were in New Hampshire, celebrating Sara and Zach's wedding.  Two years ago we sat in the same place, with Sara and Zach, and weirdly enough, Norah totally remembered.  When we got to the grassy field we always sit in, she said "I was here with Zach and Sara".  Awwwww

Today I have to work, and the girls were up MUCH too early, despite being up until nearly 11pm.  So I'll drop them off at Meme's house for a little bit, and hopefully then come home to relax.  Early bedtime for everyone I'm thinking.  Saturday we are talking about going to the beach for the day.  We haven't been since Hannah was 2 and I was pregnant with Norah.  I feel a bit guilty about that, but it is majorly inconvenient to hit the ocean for the day with a small baby.  Last year we went to Rockport, but that's not really the beach.  So I'm going to go to the dollar store for some new sand toys, and maybe new bubbles.  I'm sure Norah's first experience with going to the actual beach will be priceless!

No comments: