Sunday, March 9, 2008

Here comes the fun

So far in the week since Norah was born, life has been interesting. Starting with our first night home where she didn't go to sleep until after 2am. Steven and I are both pretty tired still, but as of last night, she spent the night in her bassinette while she was sleeping (as opposed to part of it in bed with us while I held her). I think we're messed up from the time change a bit, but that shouldn't affect her much since she's not on a schedule yet. She's just so small there's no way I can get her to do anything, which is fine.

Hannah is doing really well with Norah also. She loves to give her hugs and kisses, and even asked me Friday if we could leave Baby Norah at playgroup with her so they could all give her hugs and kisses. VERY sweet. I'm hoping that none of this changes come tomorrow. Tomorrow is D Day. Steven goes back to work and I try to swing this operation on my own. I'm truly hoping that Hannah can adjust to the fact that my hands will be busy pretty often with feeding and changing. I'm going to try using the sling I bought today and see if I can get Norah in and out on my own. That should help with the hands problem, at least partially.

On another note, I just cannot seem to believe that Hannah will be 3 on Wednesday. She is so much fun, I keep saying "this is the best age" and every time I say it, it's completely true. She's such a joy, and makes us laugh at least every day in some small way. I can't wait to see how she grows up and shapes what kind of person Norah is also.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Kieran and I want to wish you the very best today on your first day home alone with the girls.

I stalked your Photobucket page and we got to see two gorgeous new photos of your girls, how lovely. We love you, muah!