Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tooth Fairy

Man that tooth fairy is becoming a regular visitor at our house these days.  Hannah had this one loose tooth that was ridiculous.  So loose you could see the top part that was supposed to be up in her gum.  But still attached somehow.  Finally Saturday I told her it was time.  It needed to go, and she had my permission to go to it and get it out.  She hates the idea of anyone touching her teeth or wiggling them.  She wants to take them out herself, and save one, she always has.  Until Saturday.  She wiggled, and she twisted, and it was GROSS!  Eventually I told her to head to the bathroom, that grabbing it with a tissue was a much better plan.  So I got a tissue, and showed her what I meant.  I put the tissue in my fingers and her tooth in the tissue and then I said "then you say OK, and you count to three, like this:  One.... Two...." Yank!  And that was the end of it.  She shrieked when she realized I'd actually done it myself.  Then she told me later that she was so glad I pulled it for her. 

Apparently Kayla texted the Tooth Fairy (aka Heather) to tell her to make a stop.  And sure enough, Sunday morning there was a surprise waiting for her when she woke up.  I just can't get over how different she looks with that one gone.  I think it makes a bigger difference because it's one of the top front teeth, which are bigger in general.  Today she had her spring concert at school and even across the gym, you can see the gap.  My baby is growing up, and I can't stop it.... but I think it's getting tougher to "enjoy".

No comments: