Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bad days get worse

Norah has been on Zantac for darn close to a month now. Starting this past Friday, she started with symptoms again. Back arching, crying while eating, coughing/gagging. Ugh, so we took her in to be seen Friday, and as luck would have it, her pedi wasn't available. So we saw some other doctor, who wasn't even polite enough to tell me his name. He prescribed Reglan. I won't go into detail, but I've heard ugly things about this medicine, and I flat out refused to give it to her. We never even picked it up. He had us make a follow up for this week with her pedi, and we had that appointment last night. Her pedi agreed with my decision not to start the Reglan, and said she personally doesn't use it at all. So here is the plan of action.

Continue Zantac 3X/day
Start Prilosec 1X/day

IF the prilosec doesn't show that it's helping enough, she wants to start her on the hypoallergenic formula Nutramigen. I'm praying with everything I have in me that the prilosec works. WIC doesn't cover Nutramigen, and likely our insurance won't either. It's almost prohibitively expensive, and doesn't necessarily make a difference.

She is also ordering Norah down to Baystate to have an Upper GI done to make sure all her parts are in place and working correctly. It's routine and painless, but worrisome to us regardless.

Please keep my girl in your thoughts if you can. We're worried about her.

No comments: