Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Sleep Saga

Every night we have the same conversation.  Telling her she can't yell for us every other hour all night.  That we need to sleep also.  That it's disruptive and ridiculous.  It never helps.  Some nights she sleeps, others she's up crying or yelling four or five times before morning.  I'm at a loss, and yet I remember this from last year right around this time.  I don't know what it is about fall and October that makes Norah feel that sleep is entirely unnecessary, but that seems to be the case.  I'm exhausted, and Steven is getting up with her too, and he's tired also.  I think it's harder for me this year because I'm working now.  Not that staying at home isn't work, but I could sit and hang out if I felt like it, and now it's not really an option.  Norah was still napping then, and now this year she isn't, but I don't see a difference in anything really.  Maybe it will work itself out.  Or maybe we'll all collapse from exhaustion.

No comments: