Monday, August 8, 2011

Ocean!

I love the ocean!  I adore the ocean!  Man am I sad that we live far enough from the ocean that I can't smell it every day. 

Saturday morning we headed up to Grampy and Mimi's house.  We packed a lunch, some sunscreen, and water, and headed to Rockport for a picnic and some hanging out at the ocean.  Clay, Cody, and Matt came also, so there were three kids to watch carefully on all those rocks!  Norah was impressed with the water and how loud it was.  Hannah was terrified of sharks, despite the fact that there was no one going IN the water that there *could* be sharks in.  They both decided that it smelled stinky.... though they were definitely in the minority on that one!  After Rockport we headed back to Grampy and Mimi's house for some burgers cooked on the grill and other yummy foods.  Both girls slept well that night, though with all that fresh air, who's surprised.

I'm looking forward to taking them to a beach that has some actual sand so they can get wet and play.  Maybe one of these weekends I'll figure it out. 

No comments: