Monday, January 4, 2010

Another long weekend

And so came the end of another long weekend. One of the last with Steven for a while. The girls had a wonderful time, going out, watching the random snow, playing with their new toys. I wasn't feeling stellar yesterday so I got to take a nap while Norah napped. It was heaven. Napping on the couch in a comfy blanket next to the fire. Almost nothing better!

So today we start back to the regular weekly schedule. Hannah has school and Gary has an appointment this afternoon. So in the negative windchill we'll be off and running. Gary has been awfully moody lately, and I have to say if this is what having a girlfriend does to him, I preferred it the other way. Emily IS very nice, and they are a lot alike, which may be where the problem lies. But whatever. Can't change it personally. I just wish he'd get a grip and stop taking it out on the people who live here.

Now we start gearing up for birthdays, since March is such a big month here. Steven mentioned taking a long weekend around the girls birthdays, but I don't know how that will work, since his work determined that you had to take entire weeks, not single days here and there. I think he mentioned calling out sick when he wants a day off. I guess we'll see when we get there.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Ohhhh I hope Stephen's work doesn't read your blog!