Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I hate breakfast

And not just because I don't usually eat it myself. I really think that both of my girls would prefer to eat breakfast hours after they wake up. Neither one eats very well, no matter what I give them. Even chocolate chip pancakes weren't a hit, which is certainly saying something. At the moment they're eating yogurt and Mighty Bites (a Kashi cereal), both from our recent trip to Trader Joes. It's 7:20, and we have to leave to take Hannah to school in less than 45 minutes. No one's hair is brushed, everyone is still in PJ's.... sometimes I think it's going to take an act of God to get us ready and out of the house in time. And yet just about every day it's no problem. Part of their problem is they want to fool around. Hannah is rearranging her bowl and cup of milk, talking to it, and giggling. I've already told her three times to stop fooling around and that she's been sitting there for over a half hour already. Norah is lining up here little cereal men (they're person shaped cereal bites) and dipping them in her yogurt. She's also chattering to herself, and doesn't listen to me regardless of how many times I tell her that she needs to eat. She also demands "MORE" of things, even though they aren't actually gone. It's really very frustrating. Thankfully lunch and dinner are moderately easier.

No comments: