Sunday, December 19, 2010

Counting the days

Hannah reminds me every morning that we have however many days left until Christmas.  Like I don't see it there, looming at the end of the week on my calendar.  I love Christmas even more now than I did when I was little.  I love watching them open their gifts, and be extra excited.  This year, Hannah's getting exactly what she asked for.  A talking Woody Doll, from Toy Story.  It's the only thing she asked for.  She literally doesn't care what else she gets, as long as it's there somewhere.  So it's there... but I'm debating if I want to be the best mom ever and let her open it first, or the most evil, and make her open it last.  Or diabolical, and hide it in the closet until later and then say "oops, looks like we forgot one"  Man, I'm mean.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm super excited too! I say, save it for last. That's what I'm hoping to do with their most desired gifts!