Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I've never said Thank God it's Monday

Until Yesterday! Hannah had a wonderful Christmas break, but I was desperately missing my down time in the afternoons. She was thrilled to go back and play with all her friends, and I was thrilled to let her go. She had a lovely time, and I had some peace and quiet yesterday afternoon.

I have quite a bit of sewing to do, since Laurie asked me to make her a fabulous new sling. I split the fabric in half so I can practice on the other half before I sew hers, seeing as I've never sewn dupioni silk before. It washed up so soft, I'm hoping I don't screw up the other half so I can use it for myself.

Norah's working on yet another tooth, so the wakeups at night are frequent and noisy, just as they usually are. Also the getting up early. She wakes up several times during the night, and then wakes for the day much too early (as in 4:30 some days, UGH!)

I'm having a hard time thinking, I'm considering the fact that it's all the noise. It's nearly 8am, and Hannah hasn't stopped talking since she woke up almost 2 hours ago. She doesn't even need me to talk back, she just keeps talking. And when she's not talking, it's random weird noise. I'm sure it's the age, and it will pass. I know a LOT of you are reading this saying "But aren't you the one who took her to EI and swore once she got past the language delay you'd never wish for her to stop talking" Yep, that's me. And I'm not wishing for her to stop, just pause once in a while.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am just laughing here with the visual image of your three-year-old daughter chattering non-stop about whatever crosses her mind. Hunter gets chatty but he's a boy so it will never compare.