Saturday, January 31, 2009

Poor Pumpkin

Janice was supposed to come over today. I believe I mentioned that already this week. Thursday Hannah came home from school and said "I had a busy day, I'm going to lay down and rest" and next thing I knew she was sound asleep in her bed. I knew right then that something was wrong. She spent the rest of the afternoon laying around and being sad and miserable. She has a fever and a horrible cough. She was so sad and snuggly, it makes me sad just to hear her. She has slept upstairs the last couple nights for two reasons. One, I like to keep an eye on her when she's so unwell. And Two, I don't want her coughing to keep Norah up and then I have TWO cranky children.

So what I've learned from this is a few things. Hannah loves sleeping up with us (in the toddler bed) When Steven gets annoyed enough with her coughing he goes to the couch. Hannah loves sleeping in my bed with me, and I love it too. But mostly, because I want her close when she is sick means that I'm next :(

1 comment:

Janice said...

You might miss it. I managed not to get sick along with everyone else in December. And Hunter was coughing right in my face!