Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Vacation

I think in the last week Hannah's had too much of her summer vacation.  First we had company last weekend, then hanging out with her friends while I worked, and Meme.  Then two day's with Grampy and Mimi, one night home, and another day away with Meema and an overnight stay.  Poor kid was exhausted yesterday, she slept the entire way home from Meema's house, and unfortunately paid for it when it was bedtime.  They went to bed at 7:15, and when I checked around 8:15, Norah was sound asleep, but Hannah was still tossing and saying she couldn't fall asleep.  I don't know what to tell her besides to rest and close her eyes and think of nice things.  I remember being younger and not being able to fall asleep.  It stinks being patted and told it's fine and to keep trying.  I never liked it, and I'm sure that she doesn't either.  But when I checked at 8:30, she was asleep. 

Norah also spent her first night in underwear, which is great!  She's been dry nearly every night for over two weeks, so clearly it was the right step.  Now if she'd just sleep better, we'd all be happier.  I don't know what her deal is, but her sleeping leaves a LOT to be desired.  Yes, I know, it always has.  She's just a terrible sleeper.  Nothing I can do but keep going in and reassuring her and telling her it's still time to sleep.  Someday I'll want her to wake up... right?

No comments: