Thursday, September 30, 2010

Starting to learn

Hannah has started learning how to read.  First she'd randomly point out sight words that she was familiar with.  Then she'd pick them out randomly from a group of other words, asking why it said "...." there.  Now she's starting to sound out words for herself.  I'm so proud of her, and have to admit that when she read the street sign "Chicopee, next 4 exits" out loud to herself, I was a bit shocked.  It's very cool to watch her learn.  I'm so proud of her.  Speaking of reading and asking questions, she just came over to the computer and said "Mommy, why did you write Chicopee next 4 exits?"  Soon she's going to be reading over my shoulder, and then I might be in trouble....

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm worried about the day I can no longer spell the words that I don't want Hunter to hear.